fot

Re: [Fot] miata delima... NOT TRIUMPH RELATED !!!!

To: "MadMarx" <tr4racing@googlemail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] miata delima... NOT TRIUMPH RELATED !!!!
From: Bill Babcock <billb@bnj.com>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 09:36:00 -0700
It's not the town, it's me. I've retired, and I'm concentrating on active
sports--windsurfing, stand up paddling, kitesurfing, surfing, mountain biking.
None of which fits a Ferrari well. My F350 truck works a lot better for that.
The Ferrari was just sitting, not a good thing to do to a great car. For a fun
car I'm building a TR3 from collected bits.

On May 5, 2011, at 8:59 AM, MadMarx wrote:

> What has a town to do with a car?
> No tarmac roads?

computer oversight to make them controllable by even the untalented and
untutored driver--as long as you don't put them in race mode. ABS, traction
control and computer controlled differentials make them no worse than a 200 HP
sporty car. Generally you can't really turn all the stuff off without some
special tricks--turning off traction control just turns it down.

> Until recently Diane had a Bentley Continental Flying Spur--535 horsepower,
capable of 195 MPH, and your Mom could drive it safely. Of course if she
wasn't paying attention she might find herself doing 140 on the freeway--feels
just the same as 55 except the other cars go by faster.

> Calling any of these things a "real man's car" is a little silly. My 360
Spider was great fun to drive, felt light and responsive. But any fool could
drive it--I treated it like a Toyota, drove it all the time. For a real man's
car I think you'd need something like a 62 Corvette, though come to think of
it, that was Diane's daily driver when we first got together.

> And yes, I sold the Ferrari too. We moved to a small town, and they just
don't fit the lifestyle.

> Oh, and it's dilemma.
>

> On May 5, 2011, at 7:32 AM, Alexandre Camoletti wrote:
>

> Got a ride in the new Ferrari 458 Italia, this is also real power!
> Frightening that anyone (with the big wallet) is allowed to drive such
> missile!

FOT
> member!
>
> Mike Munson
>
> From the Corvette
> factory
> Hmmm....maybe you should get a real men's car:
>
> Porsche 911.
>
> Cheers
> Chris
>

> Bill Babcock