fot

Re: [Fot] GT-6 Racing Cam

To: jason@multivintage.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] GT-6 Racing Cam
From: chasgee@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 11:08:50 -0400 (EDT)
The key numbers aren't really what you find in the cam data, but what you
generate on the dyno.  The cam data can be used as a guideline to compare
performance, but there are other variables that contribute to horsepower
(obviously).  I want the highest lift cam that will fit, with the appropriate
duration.  The S-9 cam has higher lift than most I've seen.

Jerry Barker had done a lot of work on the dyno with various cam profiles
including the standard Isky cams and many of his own profiles ground at Isky.
The S-9 grind outperformed all of them.  I had the same experience in my
Spitfire and have translated that info to my GT6.  We got some pretty good
horsepower numbers (you'll have to get the book for more details :)).

I'm no expert on this, but Jerry certainly is.  It will be interesting to see
what Larry can come up with once he starts playing with the 6 cylinder cams.

Chuck