fot

Re: [Fot] May Vintage Event at Road America...

To: BillDentin@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] May Vintage Event at Road America...
From: Ernest Husmann <ehusmann53@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 12:37:42 -0700 (PDT)
I was there Saturday and Sunday.  Saturday qualifying was on a damp track,
with
all the people sliding off, some very good driving, and un-nerving a
Porsche
driver at turn 14 on the second to the last lap; Tony was to have
been 3rd on
the grid for the race.  Very few appeared to have any knowledge
of a "rain
line".

However those running the event decided to massage the
race grid due to the
number of people who didn't qualify (I think they got
something from the Porsche
guys).  Tony started about were he finished, 8th,
behind a bunch of Porsches, a
A-H 3000 and a Alfa or two.

As I stated in
another response John Hagen presented himself well;  didn't hit
any solid
objects like others did; and even made a couple passes.

Many commented that
this was the worst weather ever for this event; I would but
the weather in
the worst three for this event,no snow flurries.  Still beat
cutting the
grass.

In your honor I did bring some wine and cheese on Saturday.  While I
can provide
some respectable wine and cheese I can not provide your level of
entertainment.

Ernie