fot

[Fot] Transmission noise

To: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Transmission noise
From: marty sukey <trmarty@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 09:19:48 -0400
While we are in the trouble shooting mode...    I am helping a buddy with his
TR6.  Been fighting a clutch release issue.  I THINK we might have resolved
that, what a long strange trip that ended up being.  While driving it with the
trans cover off I discovered that his transmission howls like mad in fourth
gear.  Ok, I figure it is tired and needs a going over.  I have the
transmission from my TR6 sitting there so I swap it out thinking he can just
use mine until he can get his rebuilt since mine is going to sit for a while
yet.  Put mine in and sure enough now mine howls in fourth gear. What the
heck?  Mine was quite as could be before I stopped driving the car. Is there
something external to the transmission that would cause noise in just fourth
gear?

Marty
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com