fot

Re: [Fot] Transmission noise

To: <rkramer@rdoequipment.com>, FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Transmission noise
From: marty sukey <trmarty@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 14:12:14 -0400
Hmmmm.  Pretty sure, ok I'm positive there were no dowel pins in there.  I
thinking I should be able to put the missing two in place by just loosening
things up and not pulling the tranny out for the what is it, the fourth time?
Anyhow, we will give that a try tomorrow after work as he is planning on
heading out of town with it on Friday.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Marty

> From: RKramer@rdoequipment.com
> To: trmarty@hotmail.com; fot@autox.team.net
> Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 10:19:06 -0500
> Subject: RE: [Fot] Transmission noise
>
> If the noise is only in fourth gear and it happened with two different
trannies, and there was a clutch release issue I'd look closely at the
alignment of the input shaft and the tranny case mount surface to the back of
the engine. A misalignment there causes clutch problems and could put undue
pressure on the input shaft. Does he have the tranny case locating dowels in
place?

> Bob Kramer
> Texas Rental Manager
> RDO Equipment Company
> 16415 N. IH 35 Pflugerville, TX 78660
> 512-687-7422 Office
> 512-657-8526 Cell
>

> Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn
out. ~John Wooden

Behalf Of marty sukey