fot

Re: [Fot] TR3-4 Clutch

To: jhouathome@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR3-4 Clutch
From: Bill Babcock <billb@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 11:04:43 -0700
I use a quartermaster two plate rally clutch. The key to pedal effort and
better control over the vicious hook up is a smaller master cylinder. I think
we're using a .5" or a 5/8. I'd probably go smaller if I could find one. The
smaller MC also makes it easier to avoid overstroking the clutch--you might
not even need a pedal stop, though it's worth making sure if you switch. I use
a saab concentric throwout bearing as well.

Stuff breaks on the stock clutches--at least it did for me. I've broken
Quartermasters too, but only from over-stroking and/or a long season. I ran
one for the entire All Aluminum tour and the year after. It was trashed, but
it never complained.

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html