fot

Re: [Fot] tr6/gt6 crankshafts

To: Enquiries Road & Track <enquiries@roadandtrack.net.au>
Subject: Re: [Fot] tr6/gt6 crankshafts
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 10:08:39 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 20 Jul 2011, Enquiries Road & Track wrote:

> i have told Mordy these can be made a fair bit cheaper for same quality, but
> ideally we need a minimum order of 10 the same, to do it. It seems you guys
> all want something different.

Not trying to be funny here, but if the requested specs are all over the
place, it might be nice to know either a hint about the differences or a
hint about the advantages to whatever the differences are.

I for one would be willing to take a couple of trade-offs if it means
ultimate reliability.

Along those lines, I'm sure one spec difference is the long tail vs. the
short tail. Seeing that: 1. you can't get flywheels for long-tails and 2.
the FACTORY dumped long tail cranks back in the day - it would be
reasonable to say "short tail cranks only" (or long-tail only, whatever).
That might reign things in a bit.

I know that folks run different rod bearings too, but if we all agreed on
that particular mod, would that get us closer to a consensus.

Or maybe I'm missing something.

regards,
rml
Bob Lang              Triumph TR6!!            |  This space for rent
Former NER Solo Chair                          |
Voice:617-253-7438                             |  Cell: 339-927-4489
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive