fot

Re: [Fot] Racing wheels and brakes for TR6

To: Jamie Palmer <tr6driver@yahoo.com>, Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Racing wheels and brakes for TR6
From: "Kramer, Robert" <RKramer@rdoequipment.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 11:40:39 -0500
I don't know the ChumpCar rules but Lemon's would have given us a tough time
buying new wheels under the "safety" exemption. I bought a set of old aluminum
race wheels from Sam Halkias for the Lemon's TR6 and they work great. They are
15X7 and we have 205-50-15 Falken Azenis  on them. Can you run 7" rims? The
Koenig Rewinds are cheap but have too much back space. If you do
longer/stronger studs and use a spacer they would be perfect. I bought 2 sets
a couple of years ago at $108.00 a rim from Discount Tire.

Our TR6 has lousy brakes too. It may be the booster and the fact that it is
all stock.  I'm thinking of switching it to what I have in my racecar TR4A. I
have dual 5/8" Wilwood Girling style master cylinders with a balance  bar on a
TR4 style bracket modified for the dual cylinders. The 5/8 cylinders can be
purchase for $50 each from Speedway motors, and you can copy the Racetorations
design using a TR4A pedal assembly.

Bob Kramer
Southern Construction Inventory Manager
RDO Equipment Company
16415 N. IH 35  Pflugerville, TX 78660
512-687-7422 Office
512-657-8526 Cell

Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn
out. ~John Wooden