fot

Re: [Fot] Trailers

To: "marty sukey" <trmarty@hotmail.com>, "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Trailers
From: "william r tobin" <william.tobin31@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2011 16:29:23 -0500
Hi Gang, I bought a new trailer in June '10. 8 1/2 x 20 enclosed with a V
nose. All alunimum, weighs 2550 lbs. empty. With cabinets in the front. Very
nice; I splurged a bit.
I built a fold down bunk in it. I prefer to stay at the track; one less
thing to worry about. Besides, I like the atmosphere at the track. Just my
preference.
I bought a new Ram 1500 last spring, with the Hemi. It has guts enough to
tow up the side of a mountain, and as a daily driver gets 20 on the highway.
(Probably more if I'd set the cruise lower than 73!)
I like the security of the enclosed trailer and like others, use it to store
my race items in the winter. I have a dedicated set of tools that stays in
the trailer; don't need to worry if I brought it with me. I tend to carry a
lot of spares with me, but have helped quite a few guys get out of the crap
over the last 5 years. That's also part of the fun of vintage racing.
Go ahead Marty, treat yourself! Your wife's reasonable!
Good luck with your decision.
Bill----- Original Message -----