fot

Re: [Fot] Triumph TR4 NJMP in car

To: "Aaron Johnson" <fpspitfire@comcast.net>, "John Frymark" <jfrymark@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Triumph TR4 NJMP in car
From: "william r tobin" <william.tobin31@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2011 12:25:17 -0500
I probably shouldn't get into this, but here goes:
This was a vintage race, not a regional or national. We don't have runoffs
at the end of the year. We (most of us) do this for fun, and the friendships
we develope. Not for a national championship or a trophy.
The vintage guys stress safety; it's a no-contact sport. Sometimes things do
happen, but outward aggression on the track is not acceptable. The Lotus
driver is on a 13 month probation.
Some vintage organizations tell you at the driver's meeting: if you REALLY
need a trophy, they will give you one. If not , drive sensibly. And have
fun.
At the W G Vintage race in Sept, I had a great race with a 356 Porsche. We
both had a blast. Didn't matter who won. I talked to the driver of the 356
after the race; we were both elated with the race. No trophy can ever be
better than that feeling. And we were mid pack!-
Just my 2 cents worth.
Peace, Bill Tobin  SVRA & VRG Vintage driver---- Original Message -----