fot

Re: [Fot] Update on Austin TX F1

To: Jason Ostrowski <jason@multivintage.com>, Bill Babcock
Subject: Re: [Fot] Update on Austin TX F1
From: "Kramer, Robert" <RKramer@rdoequipment.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 23:30:11 +0000
I just want the track built  It may be sustainable without the F1 race, if
they scale back the build-out to something like a Road America standard. Bring
on the MotoGP, the Aussie V8's, add in Grand AM and maybe a few lesser series
and they'll be just enough time left over for a vintage weekend. Heck, without
F1 we might get two. I sway build it and they will come. Not my money!

BTW, I was at Daytona for the VIP tour Thursday and the Grand AM cars were
testing for two days. The new Daytona Prototypes that kind of look like a
something real were a big buzz, especially the Corvette. It didn't look like a
Corvette to me and the 911 was even less recognizable, but any buzz is good
buzz for road racing.

Barbara and I are here in Florida for a 100 mile cycling event called the
Horrible Hundred. Believe or not they have hills in the lake country in
central Florida. We rode up what they say is the steepest hill today and it
was just like what we have at home in central TX. I'll be wearing my FoT
jersey. Wish me luck.

Bob Kramer
Southern Construction Inventory Manager
RDO Equipment Company
16415 N. IH 35  Pflugerville, TX 78660
512-687-7422 Office
512-657-8526 Cell

Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn
out. ~John Wooden