fot

Re: [Fot] Update on Austin Tx F1

To: Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Update on Austin Tx F1
From: "Terry Stetler" <tlizzard@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 21:54:13 -0500
I went to the first F1 race at Indy and I have to agree with Bill.

I swore I'd never go back to Indy ever again.  My God, you could not even get
a cup of coffee at the track in the morning. All they had was cheap beer.  The
track facilities were dilapidated, nothing was clean, and it made what should
have been a very reasonable ticket price seem expensive. The sight lines for
the fans watching the race were terrible, unless you were one of the few who
had tickets for the stands in F1 turn one.
The track announcers were clueless about road racing.  The entire thing was
very amateurish, at best, and an embarrassment to U.S. F1 fans, who have been
deprived of their "fix" for far too long.

Terry Stetler