fot

Re: [Fot] Tr4 fan

To: John Hasty <jhhasty@gdhs.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Tr4 fan
From: TR4 Tony <tr4.tony@virgin.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 11:07:56 +0000
John

If the car is together put it in 4th and chock or strap the rear wheels down
to your floor or ramp, take the bonnet off and use the biggest ratchet you
have with a scaffold bar over the end of the handle. Put an old cushion over
the inner wing on the side the pole will fall.

As  you swing like a monkey on the end of the pole you will feel it give then
the job is nearly done. Wind out as normal from then on. The thread is a unf
and gets bound tight ... Throwing on some heat with a torch or a chemical
releaser will help too.

Normally the hub is a tight interference fit too, so you need to carefully
extract this to avoid mulls ring the end of the crank.

Happy days.

Tony

Sent from my iPhone

On 7 Jan 2012, at 22:51, John Hasty <jhhasty@gdhs.com> wrote:

> Guys... Starting my first engine tear down and can't get the stock fan
mount
> off.  Does the hand crank fixture on the end of the holder have threads?
If