fot

Re: [Fot] Hans at the Mitty

To: rocky@spitfire4.com, edwardbarnard@prodigy.net, fot@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: [Fot] Hans at the Mitty
From: LimeyV8@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 22:37:30 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 2/15/2012 5:25:28 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
rocky@spitfire4.com writes:

A rental  HANS does you no good without the proper anchors installed on the

helmet.

And if you have the anchors, shouldn't you have the  device?

NO...not necessarily
Well, you do have to have the posts on the helmet -
you generally get the posts with the helmet - or buy the posts and install
them on the helmet.
I have HANS posts on my helmet but i do not own a HANS.
4 of us co-drove the RiffRAF Racing TR6 in the ChumpCar endurance races at
Road Atlanta this past weekend - all 4 of us have HANS posts on our
helmets, but  only 1 of us owns a HANS - we shared that HANS and another HANS
borrowed from  another team-mate who did not drive the race. It so happens we
all
are properly  fitted with a 30-large HANS and that's what both HANS were
(no skinny little  shrimps on this team) -
it worked for us but YMMV.

oh...and in case you were wondering - On Saturday we broke down (weird
clutch pressure plate failure), fixed it, then crashed (i got nudged, spun and
then hit hard by a Nissan in turn 1) fixed it (more or less) and then ran
all 4  hours on Sunday without mishap ...okay  a fender started flapping in
the breeze - we taped it at 1 driver change, the tape came off, we drilled
holes  and zip tied it at the next driver change, but no big deal. We didn't
know  we'd cracked a trailing arm on Saturday until we got home.
We all had fun, but it wasn't really our finest hour.

Cheers,
Jack Mc
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com