fot

Re: [Fot] TR-4 vertical link and trunnion

To: "BillDentin@aol.com" <BillDentin@aol.com> a=3dVy_6BQE2AA:10 a=4XwCEAaBuO8A:10 a=hrfOzt8eC7AA:10 a=1wIzrxkE8SytT5JmHI4vVA==:17 a=3oc9M9_CAAAA:8 a=b4TgfONAAAAA:8 a=efxbP_l4wWxxWos6y2oA:9 a=CjuIK1q_8ugA:10 a=U8Ie8EnqySEA:10 a=kp3uRgNowesA:10 a=7JO41Cm1fGp1UzVdU4EA:9 a=QEXdDO2ut3YA:10 a=_W_S_7VecoQA:10 a=1wIzrxkE8SytT5JmHI4vVA==:117 reip=0.000, cl=1, cld=1, fgs=0
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR-4 vertical link and trunnion
From: John Hasty <jhhasty@gdhs.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 17:14:18 -0400
Cc: "fot-bounces@autox.team.net" <fot-bounces@autox.team.net>, "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>
You know Bill, this is why back in the 70's & 80's when I was in pro
motorcycle road racing I chose 250cc GP class  the only rules, other than
safety items, were displacement, weight, aspiration & fuel. Anything else was
up to you.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 20, 2012, at 4:51 PM, BillDentin@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 08/20/2012 3:28:01 PM Central Daylight Time,
jason@multivintage.com writes:

>> Is the change of the badge legal under "Rules For Guys Racing Since 1906?"
>
> Jason...
>
> When I started road racing over here in 1906 there were no rules.  I was the
only racer.  Then this other guy started racing, and right away they needed
rules.  Soon there were five or six guys racing and soon that dam rule book
was nearly an inch thick.

> Incidentally, I can't remember for sure who it was, but at the Friday night
Beady Eye wine and cheese party at Grattan someone was making some pretty
solid points about what is hurting race series these days like Indy Car and so
on.  He maintained one of the big reasons is they have made it impossible for
any ingenuity.  In the old days people would develop whole new cars to
compete, and the stands would be full of people watching the practice and time
trials, not to mention come race day.  They all wanted to see the new stuff,
the new cars, and how good they were or weren't.  The guy was making some
really great points.  I wish I would not have had so much Pinot Grigio.  I'd
remember better and could share it with you.

> Bill (Damdinger)
>
> PS  Wait a minute.  Jason...you were there!  Oh, that's right.  You were
drinking too.  Good cheese though.  Picante Provolone, Sharp White Cheddar, a
soft brie, and back by popular demand...Mindoro Bleu.