fot

Re: [Fot] Racing a TR3 A Type Overdrive

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Racing a TR3 A Type Overdrive
From: Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 12:58:40 -0500
---- MadMarx <tr4racing@googlemail.com> wrote:
> The only issue I have with a J-OD that it switched off during the race.
> The OD always went out and popped in a very short manner.

FWIW, when I had that problem, it turned out to be the little ground wire for
the solenoid.  The quick connect was trapped on the tab, would not pull off
easily, but was very slightly loose.  Vibration, heat and the ever-present oil
film would let it open up for just a fraction of a second, then connect again.

Replacing the quick connect and cleaning up the brown corrosion on the tab
solved the problem.

I have also had a lockout switch that would do the same thing.  Removing the
shim washer got it working again.  But I doubt you have those on your race car.

Randall