fot

Re: [Fot] KCUP 2013 PLANNING THE OSTHOF and ENTRY PLANS

To: Scott Janzen <sjanzen@me.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] KCUP 2013 PLANNING THE OSTHOF and ENTRY PLANS
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 11:44:10 -0500 (EST)
Cc: fot@autox.team.net
On Tue, 11 Dec 2012, Scott Janzen wrote:

> cheapskate that I am, I'm wondering what staying at the track is like?
> Power in the paddock, decent showers, extra charges for camping?

>From experience: staying at the track is okay. There's decent showers
available and not too hard to find. I forget the charge for camping, but
it was reasonable. Actually, we might have camped for free at the 2007
MOTRAH event based on our entry fee / crew status.

The one problem with Road America is that it can get fairly cold, based on
the 2007 experience. It was in the 30's on SUN morming. That was May, but
Sep might not be any "better" in that regard.

My current plan is to camp. But I might change my mind if I can get a
group from New England to make the trek.

On the other hand, I might be making a stop at RA on my way back from Solo
Nationals... my plans are that much "up in the air" right now.

regards,
rml
Bob Lang              Triumph TR6!!            |  This space for rent
Former NER Solo Chair                          |
Voice:617-253-7438                             |  Cell: 339-927-4489