fot

Re: [Fot] TR coolant pressure/flow

To: "sherry robyn" <sherryjimmy6116@att.net>, <BillDentin@aol.com>, <ablake2@austin.rr.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR coolant pressure/flow
From: "Bill Tobin" <william.tobin31@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2013 21:18:58 -0500
Hi, I have a large plastic funnel that fits snugly in my rad fill opening. I
start pouring water in with both the petcocks open on the block; the one on
the side behind the headers, and the one on top where the heater pipe was.
Because the funnel is about a foot tall and doesn't leak coolant out where
the neck goes into the rad, I have a volume of coolant in the funnel that
extends above the block by several inches. And a little more gravity
helping.
When coolant comes out the lower petcock, I close it and wait for coolant to
come out the top one, then close it. Seems to work ok.
When the system is full and the partly full funnel is pulled out of the rad,
some fluid will slop around, but it's easily cleaned up.
Does this make sense?
Cheers, Bill