fot

[Fot] Spitfire rear suspension

To: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Spitfire rear suspension
From: "Barr, Scott" <sbarr@McCarty-Law.com>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 15:11:30 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
So, one of the features of Gingerman, as revised, is a long, long left-hand
sweeper, which invites the driver to slide the car through as fast has he/she
feels is appropriate.  It's  a little like Road America's carousel, I'd say,
but downhill and off-camber in places, lumpier, and not quite so uniform
somehow.

Anyway, I noticed the Spit rear suspension "bucking" a little as I ran through
there.  That's the best way I can describe it.  I'd be sliding the car through
there and the rear would catch and hop just a little.  Spooky feeling.  I
would prefer it didn't do this at that sort of speed.

Any good ideas of where to start with this?  Is it likely the tire is rolling
over too much?  Dreaded swing-axle tuck?  I thought about mounting my GoPro
under there to see what can be seen, ala Chris Marx.

Scott B.
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive