fot

Re: [Fot] VSCDA @ Gingerman Raceway...

To: <jkhagen@charter.net>, "'Barr, Scott'" <sbarr@McCarty-Law.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] VSCDA @ Gingerman Raceway...
From: "Tim Murphy" <timmurph@fastbytes.com>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 21:33:38 -0500
Cc: fot@autox.team.net
Like Scott said, it was a great weekend other than my knee problem.  I had
done a little test run on our Town roads and thought the knee would be okay.
At first at the track I thought maybe the new brake pads just weren't
grabbing very well but soon realized that I just didn't have enough strength
in my "new" knee.  Like has been said many times before, there is nothing
like being on the track and running with other cars except actually doing
it.  But VSCDA was very accommodating and Ryan did make the team proud!!
 We had modified the suspension to give the appropriate camber for the
Hoosier radials and it made a big improvement in the handling.  That plus
the increase in power from my recent rebuild gave me the opportunity to
experience power oversteer coming out of turn three and taking a ride
through the grass!  We adjusted tire pressures to try to give a bit less
oversteer now that the fronts were gripping better and it occurred to me
that out pressures seemed a bit high.  I called Tony Drews and he confirmed
that our pressures were too high and gave us a recommendation for the
conditions we were experiencing.  We made that adjustment and on Sunday warm
up Ryan reported that we were back to our mostly neutral handling with the
rear of the car starting to drift out and helping to rotate rather than
tending to understeer to the outside of the track.  Thanks again to Tony for
helping a fellow racer!!!

Tim & Ryan
#317 TR4 BRG