fot

Re: [Fot] Rear End Ratios

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Rear End Ratios
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 15:00:46 -0500
John,
A 4:1 rear with overdrive (0..82) is 3.28.  Unless you've changed it
since I had it, it has a 4.55 rear, which gives 3.73 in overdrive. This
is close to the standard top gear of 3.7 which most racers run.  You
must be making good power to reach 6200 at the end of a long straight.
I think there is something like a 4.3 R&P ratio available, but I think I
would stick with the current setup and live with 6200.  Some guys spin
there motors a lot higher than that
Larry Young

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com