fot

Re: [Fot] Pittsburgh VGP photo sequence

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Pittsburgh VGP photo sequence
From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <tjwakeman@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 07:21:54 -0700
On 7/31/13 6:52 AM, Clark W. Nicholls wrote:
> Mark Sherman lost the LR wheel on his MGTD.
> Make sure your nuts are tight!
>
> http://www.globalrailways.net/#!607-crash-turn-20/cvt0

Thankfully the damage appears minimal and no one got hurt.  I got
concerned when I saw the picture of the MG at rest broadside to the
track on the back side of the turn.  Hooray for flagmen.

Looks like the fixings that held the rear hub to the axle came undone.
A fold over tab washer or cotter pin failure?

I have no idea how a rear MG drive hub goes on.  Is there supposed to be
a stub axle there?  (picture # 26)

Just wondering what the failure actually was.

TeriAnn
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive