fot

Re: [Fot] Waving to ghosts

To: "'Mark J Bradakis'" <mark@bradakis.com>, "'F.O.T.'" <Fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Waving to ghosts
From: "RACER BUD" <budscars@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 19:32:51 -0700
Very Nice Mark..
RB

-----Original Message-----
From: fot-bounces@autox.team.net [mailto:fot-bounces@autox.team.net] On
Behalf Of Mark J Bradakis
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 7:26 PM
To: F.O.T.
Subject: [Fot] Waving to ghosts

    Those old men and women along the road remember.  They weren't
    waving to us.  They were waving to the ghosts of those who once
    drove our cars absolutely as fast as they knew how to go.

The above is a quote from a Peter Egan article in Road & Track some years
ago, when he and Gil Nickel attended the Mille Miglia in one of the Ferraris
I continue to lust over.  Great story, November of 1995, as I recall.  And
it was sad to hear that Peter Egan would be setting down his pen, no more to
grace the pages of the magazine with his well appreciated efforts.

I do remember seeing a Ferrari or two at Road America, and one would be hard
pressed to not notice a certain large red truck and trailer, disgorging
decidedly non-Italian vehicles.  Well, the lines of that little red one
could have been mistaken for Italian, despite the underpinnings.

But the weekend was about *Triumphs* for us, Triumphs of so many
descriptions and varieties and colors and prep levels - an amazing array.
There were more racing GT6s there than there were Triumphs of any
description at the Utah Kastner Cup.  Triumphs and their people, the people
that keep the sporting heritage alive and well, who continue to drive the
cars absolutely as fast as they know how to go.

It was a remarkable weekend, I am so happy to have been blessed with the
chance to attend, thanks to the efforts of folks that know in their hearts
what an incredible group of masters and misfits we have here in the FOT.

mjb.

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive