fot

Re: [Fot] TR-4 / TR-6 tranny layshaft bearing mod?

To: "'Tony Drews'" <tony@tonydrews.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR-4 / TR-6 tranny layshaft bearing mod?
From: "Steve Yott" <tr4@wi.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 16:22:52 -0600
Tony,
It is very rare to have a front bearing fail since there is very little load
on the front of the laygear.  I build laygears with the dual rear bearing
setup and also repair worn out laygears by machining in sleeves.   You could
use the longer 1" bearing in the front which would add a slight bit more
capability.  The bearing number for the 1" bearing would be a B-1316 instead
of the standard B-1314.  This should work without any additional machining.
If you would like to have a dual rear bearing feel free to contact me off
list.

Steve Yott