fot

Re: [Fot] TR-4 / TR-6 tranny layshaft bearing mod?

To: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>, "FOT@autox.team.net" <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR-4 / TR-6 tranny layshaft bearing mod?
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 14:55:20 -0600
I think Peter is talking about the open cage style counter shaft
bearings (see Step 12 of
http://www.vtr.org/maintain/TransRebuild/TRTrans01.pdf).  My experience
is that the open style is worse than the closed shell bearings.  For
racing, two bearings or a longer bearing would be better than either one
of these. For a street car, I usually recommend the shell type even
though they are a PITA to get out.
- Larry