fot

Re: [Fot] Light pressure plates?

To: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Light pressure plates?
From: TR4 Tony <tr4.tony@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 21:41:36 +0000
Cc: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>
Tony

I use an ap racing semi metallic sprung paddle clutch and a sprung TR6
pressure plate - absolutely reliable with big bhp and torque. Email me if you
want the details.

Regards

Tony

Sent from my iPhone

> On 6 Dec 2013, at 18:09, Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com> wrote:
>
> So this discussion about harmonic balancers raised the issue of light
flywheel / pressure plate.  I've got a nice light flywheel, but am running the
stock diaphragm pressure plate because I really disliked the engagement
characteristics of the Tilton setup I originally had (it's a toggle switch, so
backing off the trailer and driving around the paddock is challenging).

> Is there a pressure plate out there that directly replaces the stock one but
is lighter?  I saw one on the 'net that looked like it might be lighter, but
it didn't give weight and the company didn't respond to my inquiry.