fot

Re: [Fot] Distributor Retard

To: "'Larry Young'" <cartravel@pobox.com>, <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Distributor Retard
From: "Steve Yott" <tr4@wi.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 16:22:42 -0600
Cc: 'Triumph' <6pack@autox.team.net>
Wonderful retard!  This was an emission "feature" that would retard the
timing only at idle with the throttle plates closed in order to meet the US
emissions.  Unless you need to meet any state emissions test you don't need
this any longer.  What I normally do for customers is plug this system but
leave it connected for appearance reasons.  These cars are hard enough to
get them to idle correctly and adding in 4 more degrees of retard just
complicates the situation.  OH for the days of real gas!!

Steve Yott