fot

Re: [Fot] Welding of a gearbox casing

To: fot@autox.team.net, Van Mulders Marcel <van.mulders.marcel@telenet.be>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Welding of a gearbox casing
From: <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 22:21:06 +0000
I have only seen one broken and it was an early TR3 case. In the hot rodding
circles they use a plate at the back of the engine that extends all the way to
the frame and provide a mid mount. On the TR6 and GT6 I could see making a new
engine plate to provide this mid mount but on the wet liner engines there is no
plate. I suppose one could engineer a thicker flywheel to take up the 1/4"
plate thickness and do it.

Bob Kramer
rkramer3@austin.rr.com