fot

Re: [Fot] TR3/4 cam help

To: Greg And Alison Blake <ablake2@austin.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR3/4 cam help
From: Kas Kastner via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 20:06:42 -0800
Cc: fot <fot@autox.team.net>

--089e013d12d6791f1e050d8646cc

The "F" cam was a big step forward about the early 1960's and brought the
power band up a good deal, to about the mid 150 hp region but mostly it
improved the top end of the power band not necessarily in a larger number
but a higher rev peak point and that is important..  It was surpassed by
the G-3 later that was the best and is still used today by a lot of guys.
The important part here is that the "F" was probably cut on a factory
billet and thus it can be reground to another better profile with little
damage to the core size and that is important. Check the back of the rear
bearing and see if my name is stamped into the cam.  If not it is a
counterfeit cam.

*Never be beaten by equipment.*

On Sun, Jan 25, 2015 at 7:16 PM, Greg And Alison Blake via Fot <
fot@autox.team.net> wrote:

> I came across a cam with some crazy looking profiles on it today in a box
> of spares that came with a TR4a dad and I purchased. It has the following
> stamped on it:
> C-2781
> C285-2
> C290-2x6
>
> Anyone know what this might be?  Profile on the lobes looks interesting
> but it also looks like the grinder took a lot of metal out of the cam to
> create this grind. It is a very small diameter shaft now.
>
> Also in the spares was a Kastner F cam. Anyone run one of these that can
> send me the characteristics?  The nose on the lobes of the F look really
> broad and rounded.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Greg

--089e013d12d6791f1e050d8646cc

e=C2=A0early 1960&#39;s and brought the power band up a good deal, to about=
 the mid 150 hp=C2=A0region but mostly it improved the top end of the power=
 band not necessarily in a larger number but a higher rev peak point and th=
at is important..=C2=A0 It was surpassed by the G-3 later that was the best=
 and is still used today by a lot of guys.=C2=A0 The important part here is=
 that the &quot;F&quot; was probably cut on a factory billet and thus it ca=
n be reground to another better profile with little damage to the core size=
 and that is important. Check the back of the rear bearing and see if my na=
me is stamped into the cam.=C2=A0 If not it is a counterfeit cam.</div><div=
 class=3D"gmail_extra"><br clear=3D"all"><div><div class=3D"gmail_signature=
ison Blake via Fot <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:fot@autox.team.n=
te class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc so=
lid;padding-left:1ex">I came across a cam with some crazy looking profiles =
on it today in a box of spares that came with a TR4a dad and I purchased. I=
t has the following stamped on it:<br>
C-2781<br>
C285-2<br>
C290-2x6<br>
Anyone know what this might be?=C2=A0 Profile on the lobes looks interestin=
g but it also looks like the grinder took a lot of metal out of the cam to =
create this grind. It is a very small diameter shaft now.<br>
Also in the spares was a Kastner F cam. Anyone run one of these that can se=
nd me the characteristics?=C2=A0 The nose on the lobes of the F look really=
 broad and rounded.<br>
Thanks,<br>
Greg<br>
ng.com</a><br>