fot

Re: [Fot] Oil cooler yes or no?

To: <timmmurphh@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Oil cooler yes or no?
From: "Marcel Van Mulders" <van.mulders.marcel@telenet.be>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2016 01:07:03 +0100
Cc: fot@autox.team.net
It seems not logical to make the oil capacity greater : if you need more oil
to keep the temperature down, the oil is too cool for the biggest part of a
30' race.
Why not stick with the standard oil capacity and only fit a (thermostatic)
oil cooler in the hot climates? Without oil cooler (5kg less car weight),
the oil T° seldom climbs above 90°C/195°F in the Triumph Competition races
(Europe).
Marcel