fot

[Fot] TR4 for sale

Subject: [Fot] TR4 for sale
From: sjanzen at me.com (Scott Janzen)
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2017 09:19:55 -0700
could be an incredibly good deal, and by coincidence I?m in Seattle on
vacation, 75 minutes away.  Hmmm.

On Aug 22, 2017, at 4:27 AM, Irv Korey via Fot <fot at autox.team.net> wrote:

A TR4 came up for sale on RacecarLocators.com, asking $14000 for car and
trailer.

Is anybody familiar with this car? It is in Olympia, WA.

http://classifieds.racerconnect.com/2636-1963-triumph-tr4-fire-sale-wenclosed-trailer/details.html

<http://classifieds.racerconnect.com/2636-1963-triumph-tr4-fire-sale-wenclosed-trailer/details.html>

This is my former car. I sold it to a guy in Olympia, Washington in 2008. I
haven't heard from the buyer since around 2010, when he wrecked the car and
then repaired it. It is a former SCCA EP car from the Southeast Region. I
bought it from a guy named David Chenowith in 1992, and its home track was
Summit Point. The engine when it was mine had 87mm pistons and liners, nitrided
stock crank, British Frame & Engine header, and a Comptune cam. The head was
ported by Jack Drews, and had Carillo rods. When it was mine, it did 129 HP at
the rear wheels when Jack and I went to the dyno in 2001 or 2002. The
transmission has a close ratio gearset, no overdrive. It was rebuilt by Glen
Efinger and when I owned the car, the shifting was stellar thanks to Glen. The
rear end was a 3.70 with a limited slip. The previous owner told me that it had
a Salsbury, I never confirmed that it was indeed a Salsbury but it worked well.
The rear shocks are tube shocks, legal for vintage per the era GCR. The wheels
were 15x6 Panasports. When I sold the car, I included a spare wheel and a
freshly prepared nitried stock crank.

I haven't seen the car since it was loaded onto a transport in 2008. A few
years ago I met Jeff Quick at a Kastner Cup, and he told me that the NW guys
had tried to mentor the new owner but he knew it all and they weren't surprised
that he wrecked it in his second event, which was in 2010. I have no idea when
it was last raced. When it was first listed for sale, the asking price was
$22,000 with the trailer. If the car was repaired well after the crash, it is a
bargain at $14,000 including the trailer.

I made 3 trips to the West Coast hoping to see the car again, and the guy never
showed up. I hope someone buys this car and gets it back on the track. It needs
to be raced and I would love to see it again.

Irv Korey
fot at autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive