fot

[Fot] TR4 for sale

Subject: [Fot] TR4 for sale
From: emanteno at comcast.net (Irv Korey)
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2017 06:27:56 -0500
On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 5:35 AM, Michael Moore via Fot <fot at autox.team.net>
wrote:

> A TR4 came up for sale on RacecarLocators.com, asking $14000 for car and
> trailer.
>

> Is anybody familiar with this car? It is in Olympia, WA.
>

> http://classifieds.racerconnect.com/2636-1963-triumph-tr4-fire-sale-
> wenclosed-trailer/details.html

This is my former car. I sold it to a guy in Olympia, Washington in 2008. I
haven't heard from the buyer since around 2010, when he wrecked the car and
then repaired it. It is a former SCCA EP car from the Southeast Region. I
bought it from a guy named David Chenowith in 1992, and its home track was
Summit Point. The engine when it was mine had 87mm pistons and liners,
nitrided stock crank, British Frame & Engine header, and a Comptune cam.
The head was ported by Jack Drews, and had Carillo rods. When it was mine,
it did 129 HP at the rear wheels when Jack and I went to the dyno in 2001
or 2002. The transmission has a close ratio gearset, no overdrive. It was
rebuilt by Glen Efinger and when I owned the car, the shifting was stellar
thanks to Glen. The rear end was a 3.70 with a limited slip. The previous
owner told me that it had a Salsbury, I never confirmed that it was indeed
a Salsbury but it worked well. The rear shocks are tube shocks, legal for
vintage per the era GCR. The wheels were 15x6 Panasports. When I sold the
car, I included a spare wheel and a freshly prepared nitried stock crank.

I haven't seen the car since it was loaded onto a transport in 2008. A few
years ago I met Jeff Quick at a Kastner Cup, and he told me that the NW
guys had tried to mentor the new owner but he knew it all and they weren't
surprised that he wrecked it in his second event, which was in 2010. I have
no idea when it was last raced. When it was first listed for sale, the
asking price was $22,000 with the trailer. If the car was repaired well
after the crash, it is a bargain at $14,000 including the trailer.

I made 3 trips to the West Coast hoping to see the car again, and the guy
never showed up. I hope someone buys this car and gets it back on the
track. It needs to be raced and I would love to see it again.

Irv Korey