fot

[Fot] Charging a new accusump?

Subject: [Fot] Charging a new accusump?
From: gblake58tr3 at icloud.com (Greg Blake)
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2017 13:22:40 -0600
Here is what I do, not sure about others.

Remove the accusump and you will see that it has two blind holes on each end
cap. Take a couple of 5/16" ( I think) bolts and wrap them with a couple turns
of tape. Put the bolts in the end caps and using a couple screw drivers,
unthread the top of the accusump. Now you can throughly clean the inside and
fill with three quarts of new oil. Inspect the o ring, reinstall the cap, and
place back in the car. Once in the car, and ready to start, open the valve and
add 60 psi and check for leaks. The manual says to wait over night to ensure
you don't have any loss of pressure on the air side, you will skip this step
since you want to use this charge as a prelube.  When ready to fire the engine,
bleed the air side of the accusump to 7-10 psi. And you are done.

I do this every other race weekend. I was shocked the first time I cleaned the
accusump. Even though I change the oil for every event, I had a lot of sludge
in the accusump. Cleaning every other event has drastically reduced the sludge.

Sent from my iPhone