fot

[Fot] Charging a new accusump?

Subject: [Fot] Charging a new accusump?
From: levilevi at comcast.net (Bud R)
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2017 11:25:32 -0700
Thanks to the many folks that took the time to respond to how best charge my
new accusump.
In addition to that many suggested ways to pre-charge the oil system and get
all the bearings oiled. I did have a pre-oiler made out of a pressure cooker
that Jim Gray loaned me. (pic below)

Since my new accusump was already installed I didn?t take it out and fill it
with oil. I think that makes sense to that at an oil change to get any
potential sludge out after running a few races and I?ll probably do that at the
next oil change.

I decided to add a little extra oil to the oil pan, run it a bit, open the
valve to the accusump and charge it. So that worked. Many said even with 2
quarts going into the accusump that oil starvation wasn?t a worry and to just
add oil back to full on the dipstick afterwards. I do have a baffled oil pan
that holds an extra quart of oil so that helped too.

Thanks again to the list, y?all are a treasured resource.

Bud Rolofson

Extreme Parts Racing (more than just a haircut)

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
71 Spitfire MK IV Race Car #3
69 Spitfire MK III (back up FE engine/dinghy car)
93 Minnie Winnie Race Support Vehicle
77 Z-50A Hardly Davidson Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)