fot

[Fot] Adding type A OD

Subject: [Fot] Adding type A OD
From: levilevi at comcast.net (Bud R)
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2018 17:56:21 -0700
Yes, Dale made the controller back in 2010. He sent me one for helping him with
a description of the OD wiring on my A type. It does exactly as he designed it.
Two bullet connectors and a ground.  Easy peasy.

Here?s the details from his email. I have no idea if the controllers are still
available from him as it was eight years ago.

The details: The controller is a very small (less than 1 cu in) three wire
unit ( 2 bullet type connectors and a ground lug) and features two LEDs for
verification and troubleshooting.  Installation is straightforward and goes
between the transmission tunnel kidney pads.  The unit should work with all
overdrives, though right now I'm focusing on the TR250/TR6 A and J type.  The
controller works with existing components - no extra switches are required.
Operation of the overdrive is as before using the controller, but od is locked
from engagement whenever the transmission is shifted into neutral.  The
overdrive will not re-engage until transmission is shifted back into an
overdrive compatible gear ( 3rd or 4th - 2nd for A-type), and the overdrive
switch is cycled off then on (or just on if previously off). I'm currently
using this in my own TR6, and it makes a world of difference in the operation
of the overdrive - something the factory should have done from the beginning,
though the (practical) technology probably wasn't available at the time.

I've included some pictures of the controller at :
http://tinyurl.com/od-control

Any questions - please ask.  $45 plus shipping ($4.95  US).  Email at
od_cntl at hotmail.com - should also work with Paypal if you want to order -

Thanks for your time

Dale Osterndorf

Bud Rolofson

Extreme Parts Racing (more than just a haircut)

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
71 Spitfire MK IV Race Car #3
69 Spitfire MK III (back up FE engine/dinghy car)
93 Minnie Winnie Race Support Vehicle
77 Z-50A Hardly Davidson Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)