fot

[Fot] Accusump Installation

Subject: [Fot] Accusump Installation
From: rocky at spitfire4.com (Rocky Entriken)
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2018 19:09:18 -0500
I?ve had one for years in my Mk. 1 Spitfire. Love it. Best thing is getting
30-40 pounds of oil pressure before I hit the key. Open valve, then start
engine. When you?re done, close valve, then shut off engine. BTW, my pressure
is set at 80 psi on the Accusump when engine is off and valve closed, which is
about what the engine is at when running.

My installation is a 3-quart unit, on the floorboard, passenger side, just over
the center hump so I can reach it while belted in.
Manual valve ? didn?t want to have to depend on electrics.
You?ll need an adaptor for the engine block, goes where the oil filter went. My
filter hangs on the firewall (another adaptor), right under the brake/clutch
masters. Adaptor on block usually marked ?out? and ?in? ? flow goes ?out? the
edge, ?in? at the center at the block. Which means at the remote filter, flow
goes ?in? at the edge, ?out? at the center. At the remote filter, my ?in? port
is a T-fitting because I also have my oil temp sensor there (it?s the hottest
oil that just came out of the engine).
>From center of the filter my lines go to the oil cooler ? doesn?t matter which
>is in and which is out ? then back to the block through a check valve which
>prevents backflow to the oil cooler. At the ?in? port on the block is another
>T-fitting ? one line comes from the oil cooler, the other line comes from the
>Accusump.

--Rocky Entriken