fot

[Fot] Clutches

Subject: [Fot] Clutches
From: sjanzen at me.com (Scott Janzen)
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2018 12:10:57 -0400
I?ve apparently reached beyond the limits of a stock pressure plate and a
traditional/organic material clutch disc.  I was getting unacceptable clutch
slip at the Kastner Cup initially on the 3-4 and then on the 2-3 shifts, to the
point I could not apply full power.  It?s not oil, just heat and power, as the
clutch disc has only a few events on it.  I?ve got over 180 hp at the
crankshaft.

What sources have you all found for uprated components?  I?m willing to change
flywheels.  Should I consider a small diameter, solid center/multi-disc racing
clutch?  With the close ratio gears and welded diff, I need to do a fair amount
of clutch slip around the paddock, and am also concerned about how the on-off
nature of one these might further stress the differential.

Scott Janzen
GT6