fot

[Fot] Cams

Subject: [Fot] Cams
From: cartravel at pobox.com (Larry Young)
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2018 22:22:45 -0500
I have a old Cam Doctor I have played with a little. Mine is an original
(remember MS-DOS, card slots). The only advantage to the Cam Doctor is
that it is more accurate than a dial indicator and degree wheel. I would
say that most people will get the information they need by manually
profiling. Rather than measuring at equal numbers of degrees, I find it
better to measure at equal lifts. I have a couple of pages on my website
and an Excel spreadsheet you can download. I have been told the
spreadsheet is a little confusing because with the typical degree wheel
the scales go backwards and forwards (BTDC, ATDC, etc.). You can check
it out at http://tildentechnologies.com/Cams/Tip_DegreeCam.html. I hope
it helps.
 ?- Larry