RE: Joining of AH Clubs

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Joining of AH Clubs
From: "William Moyer" <William.Moyer@millersville.edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 16:06:30 -0400
I like this idea.  A council of some kind.  Perhaps they could meet
once or twice a year at one of the gatherings, a different one each time.

Ahhh.  A League of Nations, as it were among USA clubs.  One of the problems
always was that the various organizations had different roles, histories and
traditions that, if not incompatible or in opposition to each other, weren't
similiar.  The AHSTC is an umbrella for branch clubs, for example, and the
overall organization is pretty much in support of the local clubs which are
quite distant from each other, although all on the East Coast.   The local
clubs have (usually) monthly meetings and one of them hosts Encounter each
year.  The AHCUSA isn't structured like that and supports it's once per year
shindig and the magazine.  There are other smaller groups around that do their
own thing: most of them are on the net and if you wanted to travel the country
starting in June and go to all the yearly bashes you could, ending in
September for the Capital Area Club in Washington, D.C.

Personally, I belong to more than three and the yearly cost isn't enough to
cover a new Lucas headlight so it doesn't bother me.  I'm just glad someone is
willing to give up their time and sweat for the marque.

Bill Moyer, BJ7