Joining of AH Clubs

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Joining of AH Clubs
From: caws52803@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 10:29:02 -0400
Back in the mid 80s AHCA held a joint national meet with Sports & Touring Club
and it was called Encounter-Conclave.  As President of AHCA that year, both VP
Von Patterson and myself spoke to their board about a merger.  I offered a Vice
Presidency position plus one other position on the Board.  Told them they could
keep their Treasury separate and that our magazine "Chatter" would have devoted
several pages or whatever necessary to cover their activities.  After a year,
the Presidency would be open and anyone would be eligible.  They would continue
their Encounter in the Northeastern part of the US and we would hold Conclave
in the other regions.  I don't think there were any egos present, only a
forwarding of the Healey marque.

Von & I left the meeting and the feedback we got was that they discussed it and
were not interested and there was some wording as to being taken over by a
larger club.  No further progress has ever been presented as far as I know.

This was during the time there were as many as six clubs on the west coast, so
we are making some progress in combining our hobby.

Rudy Streng
Lenoir, NC
57AH100/6