Re: Removing Varnish on Dash

To: Bob Johnson <robert.w.johnson@charter.net>
Subject: Re: Removing Varnish on Dash
From: Dave Carpenter <d.carpenter7@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 21:42:35 -0500
I plucked it all off with a pocket knife. Warming it with a heat gun
helped in some areas that were a little stubborn. I used a two part
resin. Pour it on and let it find its own level. After it dried, I used
a rasp to clean around the edges of the holes. You might want to try
Furniture Refinisher (Formby for one) available at Lowe's or Home Depot
in most states. It has removed most coatings on most wood projects and
does not hurt the wood or raise the grain.

Dave