Re: Removing Varnish on Dash

To: Tom Williams <twilliams@suscom-maine.net>
Subject: Re: Removing Varnish on Dash
From: Dave Carpenter <d.carpenter7@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 21:56:45 -0500
I had the same exact situation on my car. I stripped the glove box side
and lightly sanded the veneer with some 400 to be sure it was smooth. I
mixed Cherry stain and Walnut stain 50/50 and wiped it on the wood.
After it dried, I poured the resin finish. Even in bright daylight, the
two dash panels are a good match. I think the original finish on the
dash might turn color with age and cause the coloration we see.

Dave