Motorsports Hall of fame

To: "Chuck Rothfuss" <crothfuss@coastalnet.com>, <Land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Motorsports Hall of fame
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 04:42:59 -0800
Guys for us to create this forum and to make it viable is going to take
many many folks... Wendy's comment in BRN and our continued use will make
it Viable... when folks sign on there has to be some content each day.

along that line I would like to suggest that we start a discussion on a
subject we can all have an opinion about...

There is an opportunity to submit a Name to the nominating committee of the
International Motorsports Hall of Fame in Talladega Alabama...  There are
several Hall of Fames out there but this is the only one that is truly
international and is the only true Non specific Class of Motorsports Hall
of fame... there is coverage by Espm Tnn and Speed Vision on the induction
ceremonies each year...  Some of the Inductees include Stirling Moss, Phil
Hill, Donald Healey, Ralph Earnhardt, Lee Petty, AJ Foyt,

The list goes on and I would be happy to copy it for all to see... I have
been involved in getting Donald Healey nominated and inducted and know the
basic procedures.
It takes time and might be a two year event... but what I am saying is I
would like your opinion about who we should nominate should we chose to do
this....

I know who my heroes are and I know who I would nominate if I had the
opportunity..
let me know who yours are... and if you think this is a viable Idea...
Keith Turk
Austin Healey 100  /  Bugeye / Box Sprite / Bonneville Land Speed Racer
Camero ( D Gas Altered )

----------
> From: Chuck Rothfuss <crothfuss@coastalnet.com>
> To: Land-speed@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: Hello from Bonn Racing News
> Date: Monday, January 11, 1999 8:49 PM
>
> Wendy,
>
>   Excellent questions that may interest everyone.
>
> >What prompted you to create the list?
>
>   Keith Turk and I were talking about our favorite lists (Bluebirds and
> Healeys) and I mentioned that I hadn't seen a LSR list, and that there
may
> be some interest.  Next thing I know Keith is sending me sign-up
instructions.

> >When did you start it?
>
>   You haven't missed much.  We started it on the 8th of January.
>
> >Who is on it?
>
>   Hopefully, in a few days...everyone who enjoys land speed racing. :)
I've
> already heard some big names being dropped, and we've already reached the
> Austrailian coast.
>
> >What are your plans for the future of the list?
>
>   It's hard enough to find information specific to LSR, and hopefully
this
> list will foster exchanges of information that will benefit everyone.
It'll
> keep us motivated between events and monthly newsletters.
>
> >Got any experts eager to tackle tough questions?
>
>   Now that's where we're counting on the Bonneville Racing News, and
> everyone else on the list now to help.  If we're gonna get those tough
> questions answered we need a large list with a varied experience base.
The
> interest sure seems to be there, we just have to get the word out.
Thanks