Re: Motorsports Hall of fame

To: <kturk@ala.net>, "Chuck Rothfuss" <crothfuss@coastalnet.com>,
Subject: Re: Motorsports Hall of fame
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 06:36:59 -0800
Okay so we got a couple of us on the Al Teague band wagon.... Ask that
grump what his choice would be after Al ... Wendy...  I am thinking that Al
is an easy choice.... I have been wondering if there could be more that my
limited experience simply doesn't let me chose from....
Keith Turk
Austin Healey 100  /  Bugeye / Box Sprite / Bonneville Land Speed Racer
Camero ( D Gas Altered )

----------
<crothfuss@coastalnet.com>; Land-speed@triumph.cs.utah.edu
> Subject: Re: Motorsports Hall of fame
> Date: Wednesday, January 13, 1999 5:04 AM
>
> The lure of Land Speed Racing to me personally is the ability of the
common
> man to design, build, and drive his own car into the record books...
>
> for us to have continued success and for the sport to continue into the
> next millenium we have to support and publicize our efforts... The
> International Motor Sports Hall of Fame is simply another venue to
> Highlight our efforts..
>
> With all of that garbage out of the way It is my opinion that the one
> person who truly epitomizes our character is Al Teague.. he is a world
> renown racer who on a budget has sought out a Record and tirelessly went
> after it... Limited budgets and engineering has not stopped him from
> attaining his goal.  Al Teague is in my opinion the consummate Hot
> Rodder...
>
> This is only my opinion and I am truly open to your suggestions...
>
> Keith Turk
> Austin Healey 100  /  Bugeye / Box Sprite / Bonneville Land Speed Racer
> Camero ( D Gas Altered )
>
> ----------
> > From: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>
> > To: Chuck Rothfuss <crothfuss@coastalnet.com>;
> Land-speed@triumph.cs.utah.edu
> > Subject: Motorsports Hall of fame
> > Date: Wednesday, January 13, 1999 4:42 AM
> >
> > Guys for us to create this forum and to make it viable is going to take
> > many many folks... Wendy's comment in BRN and our continued use will
make
> > it Viable... when folks sign on there has to be some content each day.
> >
> > along that line I would like to suggest that we start a discussion on a
> > subject we can all have an opinion about...
> >
> > There is an opportunity to submit a Name to the nominating committee of
> the
> > International Motorsports Hall of Fame in Talladega Alabama...  There
are
> > several Hall of Fames out there but this is the only one that is truly
> > international and is the only true Non specific Class of Motorsports
Hall
> > of fame... there is coverage by Espm Tnn and Speed Vision on the
> induction
> > ceremonies each year...  Some of the Inductees include Stirling Moss,
> Phil
> > Hill, Donald Healey, Ralph Earnhardt, Lee Petty, AJ Foyt,
> >
> > The list goes on and I would be happy to copy it for all to see... I
have
> > been involved in getting Donald Healey nominated and inducted and know
> the
> > basic procedures.
> > It takes time and might be a two year event... but what I am saying is
> > would like your opinion about who we should nominate should we chose to
> do
> > this....
> >
> > I know who my heroes are and I know who I would nominate if I had the
> > opportunity..
> > let me know who yours are... and if you think this is a viable Idea...
> > Keith Turk
> > Austin Healey 100  /  Bugeye / Box Sprite / Bonneville Land Speed Racer
> > Camero ( D Gas Altered )
> >

> > ----------
> > > From: Chuck Rothfuss <crothfuss@coastalnet.com>
> > > To: Land-speed@autox.team.net
> > > Subject: Re: Hello from Bonn Racing News
> > > Date: Monday, January 11, 1999 8:49 PM
> > >
> > > Wendy,
> > >
> > >   Excellent questions that may interest everyone.

> > >   Keith Turk and I were talking about our favorite lists (Bluebirds
and
> > > Healeys) and I mentioned that I hadn't seen a LSR list, and that
there
> > may
> > > be some interest.  Next thing I know Keith is sending me sign-up
> > instructions.

> > >   You haven't missed much.  We started it on the 8th of January.

> > >   Hopefully, in a few days...everyone who enjoys land speed racing.
:)