MORE POWER

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: MORE POWER
From: Chuck Rothfuss <crothfuss@coastalnet.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 10:26:49 -0500
List,

  As I was searching for ideas on how to increase the awareness of land
speed racing, especially for the fairly new East Coast Timing Association, I
was struck by this strange thought; Here in the U.S. we have a couple
television personalities that are known gear heads.  These guys aren't shy
about their love for cars and driving fast.  Both have homes here on the
East Coast, and both may have some disposable income to contribute to saving
the salt and the Maxton track.  They could even fly in and taxi right up to
the starting line at Maxton.

  Obviously this is a long shot, but Keith Turk and I have started sending
messages of invitation to Jay Leno and Tim Allen, to see if they'd come out
and visit us.  A mention on the Tonite Show or Tool Time could do a lot to
increase the visibility of our sport.  If you'd like get on the band wagon
you can send e-mail to Tim Allen at Tim@morepower.com and to Jay Leno at
toniteshow@nbc.com

Chuck "Hey ya'll, watch this!" Rothfuss
Pole Cat Hollow, NC