Re: MORE POWER

To: "John Beckett" <johnbeck@blueridge.cc.nc.us>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MORE POWER
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 14:41:50 -0800
You know the real hard part for me here is not going Bonsai... right out of
the box... it would be so easy to bolt this little girly motor in and see
what she does.... But I absolutely concur about the working your way up to
speed...

the 300hp 350cu in ... to the 350hp 355cu in.... to the 500hp 355cu in
(Brads motor) to the 630-709hp 302cu in....

this ought to work out real nice.. each of us taking a turn at each
level... sorting out the car and doing the prep thing... Reading spark
plugs.... adjusting Jets and so on..
just nice basic learning.. the Curve is steep enough without trying to set
this thing on Kill... and being frustrated ....

That's my plan.... but you know the reality is that the D motor maybe in
the Car for the 1 May meet... I may just not be able to stand it... we'll
see..

Ps ... I would still kill for a ride on the salt in that hot rod of yours
John..

Keith Turk
Austin Healey 100  /  Bugeye / Box Sprite / Bonneville Land Speed Racer
Camaro ( D Gas Altered )

----------
> From: John Beckett <johnbeck@blueridge.cc.nc.us>
> To: land-speed@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: MORE POWER
> Date: Wednesday, January 20, 1999 9:34 AM
>
>       Actually a 160 plus MPH ride at Maxton isn't a bad place for a new guy
> start. Need to work your way up you know. And if it's making 709 HP it
will
> be over 200 MPH at B-ville. So you might get them to both places.
>
> At 09:53 AM 1/20/99 -0600, you wrote:
> >My Ride wouldn't really be fast enough at 160 or so... but then I know
this
> >guy who has a two hundred and thirty one mile an hour .... Chevette...
no