Save The Concrete

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Save The Concrete
From: Chuck Rothfuss <crothfuss@coastalnet.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 23:25:04 -0500
Hi list,

  I just got this in the mail the other day from Jim McDonald, who's heading
up the effort to save the track at Maxton, NC.  Since he's currently
computerless, I'll pass along this desperate plea for him.  The flyer reads
as follows:

                            SAVE THE CONCRETE
                                 E.C.T.A.

  Plans are in progress for our '99 LSR season at Laurinburg/Maxton.  The
track is in need of repairs to continue the growth and well being of E.C.T.A.

  Many sections have eroded beyond the "Quick Fix" done prior to each meet.
Permanent repairs are expensive and can only be accomplished through donations.

  We need to start repairs early to be ready for our March opener, so please
send your donations ASAP.  All funds will go to track repair.

              If you have any suggestions or questions please call:
                          Jim McDonald at 910-799-9494
                          John Beckett at 828-684-3009

                         Please make checks payable to:
                         East Coast Timing Association
                              memo: Track Fund

                                  Mail to:
                              ECTA Track Fund
                              c/o Jim McDonald
                          4224 Masonboro Loop Road
                            Wilmington, NC 28409

                           THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT

  Jim has gotten the ball rolling, now it's up to us.  He's already got my
check, and I'll be proud to claim a solidly repaired hunk of the track as my
own.  Salt has gotto be tougher to repair than concrete, so this oughto be
easy. All we need now are lots of contributors.  How about sponsors?  We've
got a grand stand planned, and it'll have lots of space for advertising.  A
sizeable donation could reserve your company a space.  Anybody know any pro
ball players who like fast cars?  Donations could be tax deductable?  Jay?
Tim?  Are you guys listening?  We really need your help.

Chuck Rothfuss
ECTA
Pole Cat Hollow, NC