Rear Ends

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear Ends
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 19:09:13 -0800
Well I finally got the rear end sorted out and bolted in... took her out
for a quick pass down a deserted street... just shifted to second and shut
it down...

The semi Ladder bar, semi elliptic leaf, set up is semi functioning...

actually seems to lift the car up under hard acceleration.... Hmmm just
what I wanted... must be a mistake...or poor engineering....

took the rear end back out today to paint everything and to put new seals
in the housing....of course I wanted to see the bearings also....  and
following Joe's advice I installed a bung with a filler cap .... neat
piece... you can check the gears and not pull the rear end apart... oh yeah
and you can put fluids in it ... hmmm my what a shock...

Take care...

Keith Turk
Austin Healey 100  /  Bugeye / Box Sprite / Bonneville Land Speed Racer
Camaro ( D Gas Altered )