Re: HiBoys, Hilborns, Arduns, etc.

To: "Joseph Timney" <TIMNEYJJ@sterlingdi.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: HiBoys, Hilborns, Arduns, etc.
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 15:28:52 -0600
Hey Joe.... Welcome to the List... Folks this guy is one of our Tech
inspectors here on the East Coast so be Semi-nice to him.... at least till
my poor Camaro gets through Tech Saturday Morning...

Joe is also a wealth of information on Old Drag Racers and an all around
semi-Competent Mechanic.
Heavy on the Semi there...

Actually Joe owns a chassis shop and After that I will let him tell you
what his interests are....
again Welcome to the List Joe...

Keith Turk
Austin Healey 100, Bugeye, Box sprites, Bonneville Camero ( Land Speed
Racer)

----------
> From: Joseph Timney <TIMNEYJJ@sterlingdi.com>
> To: land-speed@autox.team.net; johnbeck@blueridge.cc.nc.us;
ardunbill@webtv.net
> Subject: Re: HiBoys, Hilborns, Arduns, etc.
> Date: Monday, March 22, 1999 2:34 PM
>
> Bill,
>             The Hilborn System will always be a problem to start, twice I
had systems on street cars. As John said, They run like stink, but...
Different tempertures require a different amount of priming to start them.
The best I was able to do was with a very small jet in the plenum area  of
the maniford. I know that you don't have that with individual runners. Is
your pump mounted as low as possible...those don't suck at all.
>              I think John has the best idea, going to electronic FI.

> "Anybody out there tell me how I can manage all this for simple, reliable
> starts every time?"
>
>       Bill
>
>       Only have six or seven years experience with a Hilborn (on a Chevy).
They