Re: [Fwd: Re: Street Rodding and IMHOF]

To: "Dave Dahlgren" <dahlgren@uconect.net>, <Land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: Street Rodding and IMHOF]
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 15:48:38 -0500
You absolutely said exactly how this started Dave.... This is a venue that
is about the true heroes of motor sports.... and The Ink is in fact a side
light to the opportunity to High light one of the successful racers of our
sport...

You can't miss the fact that this isn't something that would be taken on as
a weekend project like rebuilding a carb or something... it will take a
year or two of dedicated effort.... Personally I am not willing to do that
simply to publicize the sport.... However.... I also know that without
public relations the sport will not grow....

It's funny I asked John Beckett here a couple of months ago... if in fact
it was his intent to grow the ECTA.... I mean was that a goal of the
organization....Growth isn't always good... you have to evaluate the big
picture along the way....

Don't worry about flaming me.... I truly enjoy the fact that we have
different opinions on this or any subject... if we had the same opinion ...
one of us wouldn't be necessary.... and I do appreciate the honesty and
ability to speak your mind....
Keith Turk
Austin Healey 100, Bugeye, Box sprites, Bonneville Camero ( Land Speed
Racer)